Every night in America there are thousands of home poker game underway between families and friends. Poker requires very few supplies to host a game, and these items are readily available through many internet sites. You can start playing in online casino at the kitchen table and eventually move up to a true poker table complete with drink holders, padded rails, and a felt playing in online casino surface. The next thing you will need is a good case of poker chips, a 500 count set of 11.5 gram (or higher) chips will be adequate for up to 9 players. The final and most important item you need for the home poker game is a setup (two decks) of 100% plastic playing in online casino cards. Expect to invest between $15-25 per setup for quality cards.
Pros of Home Poker game
– The one big advantage home poker has over venues of play is that you can pick and choose the players you play with. Typically, a group of 3 or 4 hard core players will decide to start a home game and they will invite their friends and family to play. This selection process nearly assures a group of players that get along well with each other. Chances of a loud or obnoxious player being invited to the game are minimal. The more harmonious the game is, the more you will enjoy playing in online casino there.
– A home game fosters social networking which may lead to new professional relationships as well. You may make a helpful contact with a lawyer, accountant, contractor, etc. through poker.
– Home games are great opportunities for husbands and wives, fathers and sons, etc. to share some quality time while playing in online casino poker.
– Generally speaking, little (if any) ‘rake’ is taken from a home game which means the money stays where it belongs, with the players!
Cons of Home Poker game
– Do not fool yourself, organizing and hosting a home game can be a lot of work. If you are the host, you must be prepared to make calls, provide a place to park and play, provide the snacks and drinks, as well as the cleanup afterwords.
– A potential problem with home game poker is that in some localities, it may be against the law to wager money while playing in online casino. You must research and abide by the laws in your community.
– In a worst case scenario, a disagreement make break out in the card game which ultimately leads to a dissolved friendship or hurt feelings. All the players must be respectful of each other and sensitive to each others needs.
Charity/Fund Raising Poker
– In these turbulent economic times, some well known charitable organizations have turned to hosting poker tournaments to bring in much needed funds. Some private schools are even hosting poker game to supplement their scholarship funds. A poker player can give back to his community by supporting these events.
Pros of Charity/Fund Raising Poker
– Charity tournaments can be great social events which bring together large number of poker layers to support the cause. Somehow, it is more palatable to pay an ‘entry fee’ than it is to write a donation check!
– The skill level of the players that show up to these events is poor. Playing in online casino good poker is secondary in the minds of many players to having a good time while supporting a good cause. This mentality presents an opportunity for the skillful player to “clean up’ at the expense of the social players. Depending on the size of the tournaments, the payouts can be significant. You may be able to parlay a $60 entry fee into a $1,000 pay day for winning.
Cons of Charity/Fund raising Poker
– The biggest problem with these type of poker game is the lack of professional management by the event organizers. A serious player can quickly become irritated when a tournament starts a half hour late, or he gets seated at a table with an inexperienced dealer, etc. Violations of the rules and etiquette of the game are commonplace at fund raisers.
– The ‘rake’ can be quite high at these events. Remember, the primary reason the charity organization hosting the game in the first place is their desire to raise money. A rake of 25-40% is not unusual at these games which is unacceptably high to a player trying to boost his bankroll.
– A word of caution regarding the legality of these games, the charities often believe they are immune from compliance with local laws regarding gambling, but the sheriff does not always agree! Do your homework before deciding to play in fund raisers so you can make an informed decision.